Wednesday 3 December 2014

One, Two, Buckle my Shoe (I'm Still In Love With You}

If you think it's just a fleeting thing
 ~don't do me in, you make me sing
I'd run out into the street for you shouting words
If you think it's just a passing show
~ I don't know, you make me glow
You make a river run down over my head
And I used to eye up so many kinds of girls
Used to watch them prowl around
So many times I said 'I love you'
But you take the biscuit yes you do

I'll get myself a tidy job, make a living some old way
I'll even tidy myself up too
We'll settle down, I'll buy a farm,
It's all planned. don't be alarmed
We can muck the sheds till the cows come home
And our children will be many and fair
We'll bring them up well and good
As for us, well I do declare
Everything will be as it should, yes we could

Wait, don't you hold back that tear
Let it out if you must
Is this too much all at once
You gotta tell, or I'll go bust

And when I have older got
Please stay on, forget me not
I'll play flute for you out on the moors
And our children will be grown up tall
Wonderous strong and that's not all
They can support us in our old age
All this can be yours if you say 'yes'
I'm asking this of you now
If your answer has two letters only
I'm going for a night on the town

ONE, TWO, BUCKLE MY SHOE
I'M STILL IN LOVE WITH YOU
THREE, FOUR, I'M DOWN ON MY KNEE
FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, I'LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN
'COS HEAVEN'S HERE ON EARTH WITH YOU





No comments: