Monday 19 January 2015

I don't want to (1986}


When I was an itty bitty boy
Didn't know a girl
From one of my toys
Now I'm older
I've got more brains
I know women are hurricanes

THE HARDER THEY COME
THE HARDER THEY FALL
AND I AIN'T GOT NOTHING
NOTHING AT ALL
BUT WORSE THAN THAT
WOULD BE MARRYING YOU
HEY GIRL
I JUST DON'T WANT TO

Now there have been good times
There have been bad
Times we smiled
Times we were sad
With the cards all down
For us to see
That's the way
This came to be

I've had trouble, trouble, trouble
Since the moment go
Times when sorrow
Was like falling snow
Times when life
Ceased up inside
Oh the things we do
The things we hide

Old Rachel says
And she's a grandmother
'You can't have one
If you ain't got the other
You gotta listen
If you want to hear
If you got a head
Use your eyes and your ears'















No comments: